We at Robert A Kelly Tree Care strive to provide excellent tree care services to insure the longevity of all your plants, not just your large woody trees.
As one of the first groups of Arborists to be certified by the International Society of Arboriculture, I feel it’s very important that all our employees take arboricultural education seriously. I require they participate in all the opportunities the International Society of Arboriculture provides. This not only shows in the work they perform on your property, but also translates into their personal lives as well as a proud productive member of their community.
My personal education in Arboricultural Science comes not only from the ISA, but from Purdue University, The Chicago Botanical Gardens, The Morton Arboretum, and many other forestry related institutions from coast to coast. Like all other sciences, advancement creates an ever changing landscape. It is our goal to stay abreast of the changes to provide the absolute best customer service possible.
FEATURED IN THE ARCHIVES OF THE SMITHSONIAN – In 1995, Robert A Kelly Tree Care became the lead arboricultural firm at the Flannery Estate of Barrington Hills, Illinois. The main scope of our work was to preserve the existing historical Oak Savannah. This forest consisting of White Oaks, Red Oaks, Bur Oaks, Shag Bark Hickory, American Basswood, and Sugar Maples was being invaded by an exotic species known as Buckthorn. Our company was also in charge of caring for all the mature trees and landscape plantings around the house, pool house, and along the 3/4 mile long driveway leading from Brinker Road to the main house. We replanted many feature and ornamental trees & shrubs, designed and built many specimen gardens and completed a plant based water purification system where concentrated runoff was carrying silt laden water into the 6 acre lake. This Estate as a whole was featured in the Archives of the Smithsonian as one of America’s great residential gardens. To view this estate go to www.siris.si.edu. Enter Brinker Hills Farm 1997 in the search all catalogs. When you expand the first listing, I am the featured Arborist.
International Society of Arboriculture
Western Chapter of International Society of Arboriculture
Wisconsin Arborist Association
The Morton Arboretum – Lisle, IL
The Chicago Botanic Garden – Glencoe, IL
Wilbur D. May Arboretum – Reno NV
Elgin Community College, IL
Kishwaukee Valley Community College, IL
International School of Language – Copan, Honduras
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
RECENT CLASSES TAKEN TO MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION:
- Soil Properties, Process Description for Tree Care, Flow in the Phloem, Girdling Root Formation
- Soil Nitrogen – The Agony and the Ecstacy, Cool Trees – Surviving Cold Temperatures
- Identifying Wood Decay & Wood Decay Fungi, Basic Tree Risk Assessment, Problems Related to PH
- Trees, People, & Ecosystems, Managing Risk in the Urban Forest, Modern Climbing and Rigging
- PHC – Treating the Landscape, Climbing & Rigging Equipment & Techniques, Why Utilities V-Out Trees
- Managing Soils Beyond N-P-K, Insect & Mite Pests, Wood Boring Insects, Asian Long-Horned Beetle
- Winter Tree ID, Plant Soil Relationships, Management of Dutch Elm Disease, Dendrochronology in Urban Forest
- Wind Stress on Trees, Tree Biomechanics, Constructing Soils for Urban Landscapes, Bringing Soil Back
- Tree Nutrition/Nutrient Management, Effects of Root Cutting on Tree Stability, 20 Minutes in the Life and Death of a Tree
- Plant Health Care Workshop, Urban Forestry in Chicago, Transplanting, Urban Forest Species, Pruning Smaller Trees
- Elm Yellows Update, The Art and Sience of Practical Rigging, A-300 Pruning Srandards, Advanced Rigging Workshop
- Safety Doesn’t Cost – It pays, Tree Preservation During Construction, Conifers in Winter, Top 10 Diseases
- What’s Bugging You, Tree Planting – Long Term, What Does Fertilizer Actually Do?, Aerial Rescue 1, 2, & 3
- Advanced Aerial Rescue, Advanced Aerial Rescue – How Not To Create Another Rescue, CPR Training & Certification, Advanced Biotic Pest Diagnosis, Advanced Insect Diagnosis